Friday, June 11, 2010

king's court

I am to study Isaiah for the summer but i have not gone past 2 verses. But I did look up the second verse in internet.

Hear O Heavens! Listen O earth!.

The picture it draws is greater than what my mind can think. It was first said by Moses. Moses grew up in pharaoh court as pharaoh's adopted son. He is used to seeing royalty on the highest level. He has also seen all different gods of Egypt. In fact he went back to Egypt after exile and defeated all their gods. On leading people of Israel to promised land, he was intimidated by the rebelliousness nature of the people. They made a golden cafe and declared it as their deliverer. In his prayer Moses asked to see God's glory. Glory that he saw is what he is talking about. The great king is on His throne and heavens and earth are His subjects.

There are multiple things Moses is talking here. human greatest royalty is nothing compared to the glory he saw. gods of this world are nothing compared to the power of the great King. he declares himself to be more knowledgeable in knowing truth than all others around him. Also how foolish are the people in not following God's commands. Then he pleads his people to obey and trust the great King.

Like Moses there were other prophets followed. Finally King's Son himself came to reveal the glory. King's Son said, if you believe the Son and obey the kingdom commandments, you can also be there in the Kings court just like Him.

People are amazed looking at the beauty of this world and we want to preserve it. One day we all will get to see the kingdom. question is if we are inside or outside the kingdom. What a feeling to be inside the King's court.

I have been invited to many homes. Some are rich and others not that rich. Some made me feel very comfortable and others made me look small. some gave me best food they could not afford for themselves and others what was left over. some opened the full house and other just little bit inside front door. Some left a sign on front door asking me to leave and others gave their house key for me to live inside.

But when i enter the Kings Court, they will make me feel very welcomed. I will tell them, I am not worthy to receive this treatment. I will ask them what did I do that you are treating me like a king when for most part I was rebelliousness against the King. One of them will say, you trusted the King. Another will say that the King still holds those tear drops from your eyes in his Hands. The very Hands that created heavens and earth.

Hear O heavens! Listen O earth!

1 comment:

Shalini said...

So true Sam! The majestic of God cannot be captured by us. His royalty is nothing compared to what we have. I am reading Revelation 4, 5. Cannot get over the greatness of God and his love in leaving all that and coming down to us.