Sunday, June 27, 2010

evil good and good evil

It was a long Saturday with a family friend of us. We went to shooting range late and then followed by shopping and swimming. we went home at around 10.00 p.m. Since his wife too was out of town, we could do that. We pulled out the dinner his beloved wife had made for them and started eating. As we were waiting for his kids to finish eating around 11:30 p.m, Moses picked up his mail and brought the Forbes magazine to dinner table. After reading few pages, he went to last page to read the thoughts of the bi-weekly. The verse was Isaiah 5:20

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness;
Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

As I continued my reading on Isaiah, I came to this verse. Then the verses that followed were not easy to read. It talks of people thinking themselves as wise and those who drink heavy. The consequence that follow are not comforting.

Then when I started thinking more, it was comforting. Without achieving much, I used to think I am smart. God out of his sovereign grace had to keep me small so that I am protected from those that are talked in this chapter.

Also now I pay attention to the deeds of the Lord and consider works of His hand(Isaiah 5:12).

I am now surrounded by people who live a very high standard of life. Men I meet on Saturday mornings are quality people. Men on Sunday Adult fellowship are people who I can follow as model. Family friends of us are really kind. I was called for dinner every weekend. Friends I play basket ball with are great. These friends are not what i selected but these are deeds of the Lord.

I trusted too much on the works of my hand. I had a coworker who used to say that he earned all his money through tips his fingers. I used to live under the hope that people will constantly praise me for the work I do. I still remember the day when I told my father that I will earn more than him by the age of 30. I am 38 and i find all around me earn more than me. Reason for the failure is trusting on the work of my hand. If I had trusted the son, life would have been very different.

I trusted the evil that is in me and called it good. Woe to those who call evil good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Really good and personally challenging to being little in ones own eye.